Monday, April 11, 2011

Sports Science T-Shirt Review

I had the pleasure of bumping into a couple of great gals at the Sport Science booth at the Cooper River Bridge Run Expo a few weeks ago. Sport Science is a locally owned company in the Carolinas…..I love to support local business when I can! Their cool vintage t-shirts immediately drew us in and we spent far too much time perusing through all their super cool shirts. And my friend Ashley won the raffle for 3 shirts…..AWESOME!!!!

Sport Science shirts have the feel of cotton but the performance of technical fabric. Made with dri-release® fabric, they are sure to wick away moisture and keep you cool. The fabric is also treated with FreshGuard® to help control the odor us sweaty beast runners produce. I tested one of their fabulous shirts on a pretty toasty day last week and happy to say that I was comfy and cool. And anyone who knows me, knows that staying cool is a major concern for me. The seams of the shirt are soft and not scratchy, no rubbing or chafing anywhere.

See…..happy sweaty beast!

DSC01705

One very appealing thing about these shirts is they perform well enough to run in, but cool looking enough to hang out in. I mean really, look at most of your “running” shirts. Are you really going to hang out in public in those??? Sport Science shirts are way cool and you can wear them anywhere and not feel like a total runnerd.

Cool enough to hang out with your dog too!!!

DSC01707

Some of the shirts I bought at the Sport Science booth aren’t available yet online….but don’t worry kids….they will be soon, check them out {here}. These are quite possibly my favorites. Not a running shirt per se, but could be used as such. Most definitely a hanging out with friends type of shirt.

Two of the vintage print shirts I LOVE. Random, sure, but cool just the same

IMG_4962

DSC01716

Rhett was demanding more camera time today

IMG_4963

I would also like to introduce a new review system for the My Reason to Run blog…..a star rating if you will. It seems that I will forever be known for the hilarious race picture from my first tri. I happily mock myself and proclaim the “parachute jacket” as my seal of approval!

imageimage

1 parachute jacket: Not worth your time or money….avoid at ALL costs!

imageimage

2 parachute jackets: Use only as a last resort when no other options are available

imageimageimage

3 parachute jackets: Meh…..I could take it or leave it

imageimageimageimage

4 parachute jackets: Pretty good, I would probably buy it and may recommend it to a friend, but not the best eva!!!!

imageimageimageimageimage

5 parachute jackets: OMG…you’ve gotta freakin’ try this. Quite possibly the best eva!!!!

I give Sport Science T’s 5 parachute jackets! Stay tuned kiddos….I just MIGHT be bringing giveaways back……..In the meantime…go visit Sport Science!!!!

imageimageimageimageimage

disclaimer…..i paid for these AWESOME shirts myself, this review is totally my own opinion….just in case you were wondering……

No comments:

Post a Comment