Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Pearl iZumi Infinity Shorts Review

I was sent a pair of Pearl iZumi shorts to test and review a few weeks ago.  Honestly, when I opened the box and saw shorts, I was a little nervous.  Me no like-y shorts.  Unless you have twiggy legs or just happen to be gifted in a way that I don’t quite understand, shorts have never been comfortable for my (ahem…) ample thighs.  I have been a skirt girl for over a year now and have never been more happy or comfortable.  Ladies, you know what I’m talking about…..the hungry crotch syndrome where your shorts will inevitably creep up your inner thighs until they are in a chafe producing wad.  If it doesn’t happen to you, well it just simply defies the laws of physics, please tell me your secret!!!!!

Anyhow, I digress…..yes, Pearl iZUMi shorts…..that is what I was meaning to talk about.

Shameless opportunity to feature my boy, Rhett Butler

DSC01703

So I reluctantly tested the shorts on a short 3 miler.  When first putting them on, my initial impression…..”WOW!  They are comfy…..and cute!!!!”  They are light and breezy and fit very well!  NOTE: order a size LARGER than you typically wear….it hurts the pride but you will thank me!  And FINALLY a split leg short that doesn’t show off all your goodies.  PI managed to make a discreet split leg short!!!

See…..discreet!

DSC01710

They have some cute little embellishments that hint at feminine without being blatantly girly.  They also have a small pocket on the back that you could fit your keys and maybe a Gu into.

DSC01713

So how did they fare on the run????  Well, I have mixed emotions.  They did ride a little, but I did not have high expectations from the get go.  BUT, that being said, they did not ride up the crotcheral region quite as badly as most shorts do on me.  I did not spend the entire run with my shorts in the shape of an inverted V, nor was I constantly pulling at the shorts to put them back into the proper place.  I could be that I have not run in shorts in such a LONG time that I was just super aware of the extra fabric betweenst the legs. 

I have read RAVE reviews on these shorts and while I’m only 90% sold on them, they are still pretty great little shorts.  If you love shorts in general, then you will LOVE these.  I will certainly be wearing them on shorter runs and during other athletic activities.  So if you LOVE shorts….go get you some!!!!  Also, check out some of the other products by Pearl Izumi.  They have some really great cycling, running and TRI gear!!!!!

I give Pearl iZUMi Infinity Shorts 4 parachute jackets!

image

disclaimer: i was sent these shorts by outside pr for free, the review is my very own.  peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment