Friday, February 25, 2011

Sugoi Helium Jacket

I was sent this jacket a long time ago to review. But the weather conditions never really presented themselves to be able to actually test it out. Here in NC, it went from blistering heat to winter weather almost instantly. But lately it has been quite nice out….perfect weather for a light jacket!

This is what Sugoi has to say about the jacket:

Featuring impressive coverage and protection, our Helium Jacket weighs in less than 100 grams (3 oz.). Lighter than air, these jackets are both water and wind resistant, and have a packable function. This breathable Helium Jacket is perforated for ventilation, has a reflective element, and a signature zip pocket for functionality.”

First thing I LOVE about this jacket it its weight….or lack thereof. As implied by its name “helium”, it is literally as light as helium…..virtually weightless. It feels like what I would imagine parachute material to feel like. Very light and airy. It is also the perfect jacket to take with you on vacation. It wads up into a teeny tiny little ball and can easily be stuffed into a small bag, and it doesn’t wrinkle.

For as light and airy as it is, it is surprisingly warm. I would probably be able to wear this jacket up into the low 60s, but I am a very warm natured person and shed layers a lot earlier than most. I have ran in it on two 50ish degree days and it worked perfectly. It also says its water resistant, I didn’t get to test out this quality, but wonder how water resistant it is.

I am a tall gal, and often worry about sleeve length. I am happy to report that this jacket gives me ample length for my gorilla arms. The jacket allowed for my arms to swing freely without pulling feeling at any point. I love the fit of it in general. It is fitted without being tight and quite flattering, and I love that the back is a little longer. It fits pretty true to size, I wear a small to medium and was given a medium….fits perfectly.

There are some things I don’t like about the jacket though. I think it is meant to wear a long sleeve shirt under it because if any sweaty body part comes in contact with the fabric it kind of sticks to you, which I found uncomfortable. I wore it with a sleeveless shirt underneath and it stuck to my pits pretty badly, ICK. I also wish it had better pockets. It does have a pocket in the back, kind of on the side/flank area, but no pockets in the traditional areas.

Overall, I REALLY like this jacket and would recommend it. Visit Sugoi to check it out.

I was provided this product for free to test, no other compensation was received. This review is entirely my own opinion…..yada, yada, yada and all that good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment